Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Number 300 Poll Result

A couple of weeks ago I put up a poll so you could help me pick the book that is going to be reviewed work number 300 and also take up a spot in my Damon Knight Grandmaster Reading Challenge list. The poll closed on Sunday and the results are as follows.
  1. Ray Bradbury - 8 votes
  2. Micheal Moorcock - 5 votes
  3. Damon Knight and Jack Vance - 4 votes
  4. Robert A. Heinlein, Clifford D. Simak, L. Sprague de Camp, Alfred Bester, Harlan Ellison and Joe Haldeman - 2 votes
  5. Lester del Rey and Harry Harrison - 1 vote
  6. Jack Williamson, Fritz Leiber, A.E. van Vogt, Hal Clement and Philip José Farmer - 0 votes.
So Ray Bradbury takes this one by a fair margin. A bit of a surprise to me, I had thought Vance or Heinlein would have a shot too. Since it was clear for a while that Bradbury was winning, I did some book shopping in Bergen, Norway last week and found a copy of his most famous novel, Fahrenheit 451, which to my shame I must admit I haven't read yet. Since I have a few more books to review before I hit 300, A Fall of Moondust being number 296, it will be a couple of weeks before the review is up.

Thanks for voting every one and see you around for the next 100 ;)

2 comments:

  1. Not such a surprise to me. Consider that Bradbury passed away recently, and close to the time of your poll, so I guess front of mind ...

    Even so, can't fault the choice. I'm intrigued to read your feedback about 451.

    ReplyDelete