Saturday, September 17, 2011

Poll: Reading Classic SF

Recently I read Jo Walton's Among Others, which I don't think anyone can read and not be left with a craving for some classic SF. So I raided my rather formidable to read pile to see what might be hiding on it, to satisfy that craving. I've found five novels that would serve and taken the opportunity to try out the poll feature on Blogger. So my question to you is which one should I read?

The options are:

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut (1963)
Babel-17 - Samuel R. Delany (1966)
Dying Inside - Robert Silverberg (1972)
Tau Zero - Poul Anderson (1970)
The City and the Stars - Arthur C. Clarke (1956)

The actual poll is on the right hand side, top of the screen. As far as I know Blogger doesn't allow you to integrate them into posts.

All of these authors are referenced in Among Others but Tau Zero and The City and the Stars are not (at least according to this list). I'll leave the poll open for two weeks and read the most popular choice in October.

4 comments:

  1. Ik heb op "Tau Zero" gestemd, dit boek / auteur bij mij het minste bekend is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moet zeggen dat ik daar ook wel nieuwsgierig naar ben. Het concept is in ieder geval erg interessant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1 for Cat's Cradle - clicked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat's cradle voor mij graag :-)

    ReplyDelete